Winners of the SPEC Achievement Awards 2022
Saturday, March 12, 2022 00:00
This year recipients of the SPEC Presidential, SPECtacular, and Contributor Awards
To accomplish its goals, SPEC relies on many volunteers who come from vendors, universities, research labs and other member organizations. While most of our volunteers are paid by their organizations to work with SPEC, many go above and beyond to ensure SPEC remains a premier organization that regularly makes vital new contributions to our industry.
SPEC acknowledges these members through its annual awards program. This year, the following SPEC RG members were officially recognized by the SPEC President for their contributions and service to SPEC:
SPEC Presidential Award:
- Nelson Amaral (University of Alberta, Canada) for his long-term and outstanding contributions to SPEC in various roles over the past decade.
- Simon Eismann (University of Würzburg, Germany) for his contributions to the SPEC RG Could and DevOps working groups.
- Vojtěch Horký (Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic) for his long-term service as RG Release Manager and related activities.
- Petr Tůma (Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic) for his contributions to ICPE, especially leading the process to add ICPE to the CORE Ranking.
- Cor-Paul Benzmer (University of Alberta, Canada) for his continued contributions in various roles for RG DevOps, ICPE, and RGSC.