ICPE 2017 attended by over 140 participants
Thursday, June 8, 2017 22:12
Over 140 participants from industry and academia attended the 8th ACM/SPEC ICPE 2017 in l'Aquila, Italy.
Over 140 participants from industry and academia attended the 8th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE 2017) in l'Aquila, Italy. The technical program included 22 full research papers, 5 industrial papers selected from a total of 83 submissions, plus 2 short papers and 14 work-in-progress & vision papers. The conference also featured 3 keynotes, 13 poster/demo presentations, and 5 tutorials.
As usual, the best research and industry papers were awarded. Like last year, the best paper candidates were announced in the technical program online and the respective authors presented their work in dedicated slots. For the second time, the quality of the presentation was taken into account, while the committee formed by the program co-chairs and the general co-chairs selected the winners. The authors of the nominated best papers include members of SPEC RG.
Best Paper Award (Research Track)
Varsha Apte, T.V. S. Viswanath, Akhilesh Kommireddy, Devidas Gawali and Anshul Gupta, AutoPerf: Automated Load Testing and Resource Usage Pro?ling of Multi-Tier Internet Applications
- Cheng Wang, Qianlin Liang and Bhuvan Urgaonkar, An Empirical Analysis of Amazon EC2 Spot Instance Features Affecting Cost-effective Resource Procurement
- Tyler Szepesi, Benjamin Cassell, Tim Brecht, Derek Eager, Jim Summers and Bernard Wong, Using Libception to Understand and Improve HTTP Streaming Video Server Throughput
The conference hosted 8 co-located workshops
- Autonomous Control for Performance and Reliability Trade-offs in Internet of Services (ACPROSS),
- Third International Workshop on Performance Analysis of Big Data Systems (PABS)
- Workshop on Challenges in Performance Methods for Software Development (WOSP-C)
- Third International Workshop on Energy-aware Simulation (ENERGY-SIM)
- Sixth International Workshop on Load Testing and Benchmarking of Software Systems (LTB)
- Workshop on Education and Practice of Performance Engineering (WEPPE)
- Third International Workshop on Quality-aware DevOps (QUDOS)
Next ICPE ...
The next ICPE conference will be held from April 9-13, 2018 in Berlin, German. Visit the web site at https://icpe2018.spec.org to find the important submission deadlines for papers, posters, tutorials and workshop proposals.