SPEC RG Face-to-Face Meeting 2014
Tuesday, April 8, 2014 04:00
The fourth SPEC RG Face-to-Face Meeting took place on March 26-27, 2014 at the ICPE 2014 conference in Dublin, Ireland.
Over 30 RG member representatives from industry and academia as well as additional interested ICPE participants attended this year's RG face-to-face meeting in Dublin, Ireland right after the conference's main program. For the fourth time, the RG's annual meeting was co-located with the ICPE conference. The meeting started with an introductory talk by the RG chair, Sam Kounev, who welcomed the attendees, gave an overview about the RG scope and activities, and briefly reviewed the achievements of the last year. The chairs of the Cloud and IDS Benchmarking working groups, Alex Iosup and Marco Vieira, introduced and reviewed their groups' activities. Moreover, Meikel Poess presented the current status on the new working group on big data to be announced soon. Eight technical talks by RG members completed the meeting and provided the basis for further vivid discussions:
- J Nelson Amaral: The Data Set Dimension: Supplementary Inputs for SPEC CPU Benchmarks to Enable Feedback-Directed Optimization Research
- Nikolas Herbst and Andreas Weber: Towards a Resource Elasticity Benchmark for Cloud Environments
- Nuno Antunes: Benchmarking of vulnerability detection tools for web services
- Aleksandar Milenkoski: On benchmarking intrusion detection systems in virtualized environments
- Sebastian Lehrig: CloudStore - An example SaaS scenario
In addition to the RG's annual meeting, both working groups held separate meetings on the next day with additional talks and discussions.