SPEC Distinguished Dissertation Awards 2011
Thursday, December 22, 2011 05:00
Luk Van Ertvelde of Ghent University and Kai Sachs of TU Darmstadt first to win new SPEC Distinguished Dissertation Award.
The awards will be presented at the ICPE 2012 International ConferenceIt was a demanding task to select the winners among the high-quality nominationsIt was great to see such outstanding work for the first awards program from the SPEC Research Group.
- J. Nelson Amaral, University of Alberta, Canada
- Wilhelm Hasselbring, University of Kiel, Germany (Chair)
- Seetharami R. Seelam, IBM Watson Research Center, USA
- Petr Tuma, Charles University of Prague, Czech Republic
- Walter Bays, Oracle Corp., USA
About the SPEC Research Group
The SPEC Research Group (RG) serves as a platform for collaborative research efforts in the areas of computer benchmarking, performance evaluation, and experimental system analysis in general, fostering the interaction between industry and academia in the field. The scope of the conducted research efforts includes methodologies, techniques and tools for measurement, load testing, profiling, workload characterization, dependability and efficiency evaluation of computing systems. For more information, visit the SPEC website or email info(at)spec.org.
Media contact: Bob Cramblitt, Cramblitt & Company
* 1.919.481.4599; info(at)spec.org*